Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog post 24

A. Pick two images from any of the “constructed reality” photographers presented in class or linked on the assignment sheet. Describe how you could recreate these two images on a “smaller scale”.


I think that anything that Sandy Skoglund creates is just about that most amazing photograph ever taken. Her ideas are so out there and she always achieves a shocking constructed reality with insane perfection. Her true fiction series feels very layered and related to pop art.  I think a very affective way to recreate this would be to make a very small mockup using a shoe box.  You could then layer images at different depth inside the shoe box to create a some realistic depth.  Her shimmering madness series would also be very interesting in attempting to create.  I think that in order to do this i would purchase a decent amount of sprinkles and glue and roll miniature figures until they were completely covered.  I would then use the remaining sprinkles to construct the stage out of more glue and of course cardboard.


Final Project Proposal:
 I have a couple of ideas for my final project. The newest most recent idea plays off of my miniature prompt for Assignment 5.  For that set I cut out a skater from a magazine and placed him on a object that looks "skateable".  I would push this further by attempting dramatic light and interesting locations.  I also thought of playing with sequenced shots steming from 9 fps photos.


My other 2 proposals i mentioned in the last blog.  The first being a set dealing with the apocalypse, inspired by my photo of the capital building down town.  The third proposal I had was dealing with popular culture, and the repetition of Mcdonalds and Starbucks which dominate our towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment